Wednesday, July 6, 2011

>> Press Start >>

My name is Mark Terrano - I am a game industry veteran. Since 1995, I have designed top AAA games (Age of Empires II), cool indie projects (Defense Grid: The Awakening), games and research projects for PC, Xbox, Wii, Playstation, Kinect, video devices, and a host of devices that never have been seen.  I'm in the credits of over 20 million shipped titles.  I've given keynote speeches and lectures at conferences and universities on 5 continents, and helped game developers around the world make better games.

I try to devote some of my time every month to giving back to the community, and one of the things I have been asked to do is advise faculty on curriculum design for their institutions.  

Since every institution I've met with seems to be struggling with some of the same issues I believe I can best serve the community by making my ideas, advice, and suggestions more broadly available to educators everywhere.  I want to help make an interactive entertainment curriculum that is more interesting to students and better prepared for success in the industry I love.

Enjoy - and please let me know if this is useful to you or your institution.

[More bio and current projects at: http://hiddenpath.com  and my mostly-correct ludography on Mobygames: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,12384/  or just Google me. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment